Hygienic Wall Cladding panels for interiors are used for many renovations, refurbishment, and new build projects for many types of commercial premises.
What Is Hygienic PVC Cladding?
Cladding is a material that attaches to the main structure of buildings, acting almost like a type of “skin”. There are different types of materials used for these projects, and the word “cladding” is the umbrella term dedicated to all the materials used for these purposes.
Hygiene wall cladding is manufactured and designed specifically for environments that need to stay clean. They contain unique features like easy-wipe cleaning and chemical resistance.
The Main Benefits Of Hygienic PVC Cladding
The installation of tiles takes a significant amount of preparation, which also adds a noteworthy cost to the purchase and installation costs.
Hygienic wall cladding takes far less preparation. When it comes to tiles the material has to be laid in individual squares, along with ensuring adequate grouting and accurate alignment.
In addition, PVC hygienic cladding comes it sheets that are larger when compared to tiles, which makes them an alternative that is far more cost-effective when compared to traditional tiling. The installation process is also cost-effective and straightforward.
Hygienic wall cladding is also very simple to keep clean. This is why this type of material is very useful for the areas whereby hygiene is very important, such as laboratories, kitchens, and lavatories.
For example, in a space such as a kitchen, ingredients often splash onto the walls. With hygienic cladding, these surfaces are easy to clean, which often benefits the hygiene rating of the kitchen.
Hygienic wall cladding is also impact-resistant, long-lasting, and durable, which can be extremely useful for sports halls and gyms, where this type of feature is crucial.
Hygiene cladding is also resistant when it comes to chemicals, which is really important in areas such as laboratories and hospitals.
PVC wall cladding can also withstand damp, cold, and heat, which often means that these walls are virtually maintenance-free.
The reasons to choose hygienic wall cladding are numerous Here is a list of the top 10 reasons why many contractors prefer this material:
Is Hygienic PVC Cladding Expensive?
Hygienic cladding is among the more cost-effective alternatives when compared to tiles, and can provide the same visual appeal with added benefits and at a far lower cost. The time to install this product is also far less when compared to other methods.
Tiles are often fragile which means they can easily break, this makes them expensive to replace.
In comparison to other types of cladding like stone, brick, or wood, PVC is significantly economical when it comes to its durability. If it does get damaged, it is easy to replace and repair. This type of cladding can also be incorporated with roller shutters and standard pull down shutters.
PVC cladding can even mimic the aesthetics of stone and wood.
How Is Hygienic Wall Cladding Installed?
– The surface should be as flat and dry as possible. It also needs to be free from debris or dust.
– The installation process begins with fixing the 1st internal-corner trim on one end of the wall.
– The length required will need to be measured and cut for the 1st panel, followed by slotting this panel directly into the internal trim.
– The protruding lip from this panel is then secured onto the wall, followed by sliding the following panel in place.
– Many of these panels fit together using a tongue-and-groove joint which ensures an easy and fast installation.
– The process continues onto the other side of a wall, followed by cutting the final panel so that it matches up to the exact measurements of the remaining space, allowing space for the next corner trim.
– The external corners are often used for areas where windows are positioned. These panels can also be cut to accommodate light switches.